Welcome to Shelley Jagow's website of TEACHING INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC. Here you will find unique resources for both novice and experienced band directors, gathering effective teaching tools from the best in the field. Topics include: curriculum, the anatomy of music making, rehearsal structure, score study, program organization and administrative leadership, and much more.
- A wonderful resource for all music educators! Dr. Jagow's book is comprehensive and impressive in scope. An excellent book! Bravo! (Frank L. Battisti, Conductor Emeritus, New England Conservatory Wind Ensemble)
- From creating artistic musical experiences to establishing a first-class organization blueprint, there is no stone left unturned. This is not a book to be recommended, but a book to be REQUIRED. (Tim Lautzenheiser; Executive Director of Education, Conn-Selmer, Inc.)
Open to all ages!
- Masterclass on a variety of topics
- Free Vandoren reed samples for your students
- A chance to play-test Vandoren mouthpieces and ligatures
Shelley Jagow is available for conducting Honor Bands and presenting band and saxophone clinics at your school or conference.